[ZCM] [ZC] 1081/ 5 Resolve " There is no way to work with Russian characters is Zope >2.6.x :("

Tue Oct 21 11:25:55 EDT 2003

Issue #1081 Update (Resolve) " There is no way to work with Russian characters is Zope >2.6.x :("
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1081

= Resolve - Entry #5 by ajung on Oct 21, 2003 11:25 am

Not a solution but a workaround:

- the 'title' property in Zope 2.7/CVS HEAD can not be
  removed for objects derived from Folder or PropertyManager

- so you can remove 'title' and re-add the property with
  type 'ustring'

If this is too complicated you might change the default type for
'title' in the files in OFS from string to ustring.
Changing this in the sources might break existing code so
for now we leave it as it is with the possibility to
change the type of the 'title' property on your own.

Hope that this is reasonable for you.

-aj

= Assign - Entry #4 by ajung on Oct 21, 2003 8:35 am

 Supporters added: ajung

= Edit - Entry #3 by ajung on Oct 21, 2003 8:35 am

 Changes: edited transcript, importance (critical => medium)
= Comment - Entry #2 by ajung on Oct 21, 2003 8:35 am

Can you please provide the full traceback available
from /error_log?

-aj
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Oct 10, 2003 1:34 am

In Zope 2.6.2, when I try to give my "test_folder" Zope folder a russian title:
http://profsolutions.com/zcollector/manage_page.gif
I get this error:
http://profsolutions.com/zcollector/error.gif
Error Type: UnicodeError
Error Value: Latin-1 encoding error: ordinal not in range(256)

Ok, maybe there is a solution for that (use UTF-8 as default locale, management_page_charset...) but there is another problem with that:

I have some old sites with non-unicode characters and when i try to import them into Zope > 2.6 everything goes wrong, I can't get the properties page, it doesn't work at all (Page not Found) if there is a non-latin title.

Sorry for my poor english :) It's not easy to find Zope guru in Russia, please help.