[ZCM] [ZC] 1290/ 7 Comment "setup.py not up to date"

Fri Apr 9 06:37:13 EDT 2004

Issue #1290 Update (Comment) "setup.py not up to date"
 Status Accepted, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1290

= Comment - Entry #7 by yuppie on Apr 9, 2004 6:37 am

Thanks! Could someone please close this issue?
= Comment - Entry #6 by tim_one on Apr 8, 2004 12:43 pm

OK, I checked that in:
Zope/setup.py new revision: 1.57

If you need other changes to finish what you're trying to do, please feel encouraged to check them in.
= Comment - Entry #5 by yuppie on Apr 8, 2004 12:26 pm

1. Your patch works fine to resolve the critical problem: A non-inplace installation starts again.

2. Besides that, I'd like to see tests working after doing "setup.py build". What I need for that is:

transaction/tests/ installed

ZODB/config.xml installed

I can provide a patch or do the necessary checkin myself. Just did not want to touch ZODB setup without asking.

Maybe *.txt files should also be installed?
= Comment - Entry #4 by tim_one on Apr 8, 2004 11:24 am

Sorry Tres, I've never been able to run the tests after doing "setup.py build" in Zope.  I don't know why not -- maybe it's a Windows thing.  That's why I asked yuppie whether the patch works for whatever he does.
= Comment - Entry #3 by tseaver on Apr 8, 2004 11:07 am

Tim wrote:

> I believe there's a problem, but am not sure how to fix it (I only use
>   "setup.py build_ext -i", and that seems to work fine).  Does the attached
>   patch (trans.diff) do the trick for you?  If not, have a patch that does?

Because 'transaction' is a pure Python package, an
"in-place" build doesn't need any help from setup.py.
To test the patch, try doing a non-inplace build (e.g.,
'setup.py build'), and then run the tests from the
'build' subtree.  They will break before applying Tim's
patch;  by inspection, that patch *should* fix them.

Tres.
= Assign - Entry #2 by tim_one on Apr 8, 2004 10:24 am

 Supporters added: tim_one

Uploaded:  "trans.diff"
 - http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1290/trans.diff/view
I believe there's a problem, but am not sure how to fix it (I only use "setup.py build_ext -i", and that seems to work fine).  Does the attached patch (trans.diff) do the trick for you?  If not, have a patch that does?
= Request - Entry #1 by yuppie on Apr 8, 2004 4:34 am

the new 'transaction' package is not installed