[ZCM] [ZC] 1464/ 2 Assign "Windows Linefeeds in ZPT"

Wed Aug 18 00:50:18 EDT 2004

Issue #1464 Update (Assign) "Windows Linefeeds in ZPT"
 Status Accepted, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1464

= Assign - Entry #2 by chrisw on Aug 18, 2004 12:50 am

 Supporters added: chrisw

FWIW, I don't see WHY page templates should b0rk on windows cr/lf pairs. Python doesn't, so it's got no excuse ;-)

I'm assigning this to me 'cos I'd like to have a look at it on the next bug day, but if anyone knows how to fix it in the meantime, please let me know!
= Request - Entry #1 by hpinson on Aug 12, 2004 2:53 pm

It seems that an increasing number of windows carriage returns are creeping into ZPT documents, causing runtime compilation failures. I am seeing this mostly in third party Plone products, to a lesser extent in Plone 2.0.3, and hardly all in Zope (maybe not at all).  This is really a general education issue for developers to check their work for this prior to release. This is probably going to become a greater issues as ZPT gains acceptance.

A scan for this problem prior to future releases of Zope and Plone could help.

Harlow Pinson
hpinson at indepthl.com