[ZCM] [ZC] 1196/ 5 Comment "sandbox commit only commits the last edited object"

Wed Jan 21 11:50:57 EST 2004

Issue #1196 Update (Comment) "sandbox commit only commits the last edited object"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1196

= Comment - Entry #5 by chrisw on Jan 21, 2004 11:50 am

Okay, now you need to tell us what version of Zope you're using ;-)
= Comment - Entry #4 by mwdiers on Jan 21, 2004 11:23 am

Yes. I mean 'Version'. I appologize for the confusion in terminology.

When I make changes to several objects, after entering a version, and save the changes, only the most recently edited object is actually commited, and sandbox locks remain on the remaining objects.
= Comment - Entry #3 by chrisw on Jan 21, 2004 4:40 am

What is a 'sandbox' as you refer to it?

Could you perhaps mean a 'Version'?
= Comment - Entry #2 by mwdiers on Jan 20, 2004 7:01 pm

Noticed I forgot to log in when I submitted the above. Tagging to my account now.
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Jan 20, 2004 12:36 pm

I have a purchase order system, in a folder (named TBGPO) off of the root. In the TBGPO folder, I have a sandbox object. After editing several objects [ZPT's, Script(Python)'s, zSQL methods] in a subfolder of TBGPO, I return to the sandbox object to commit the changes. After saving the changes, and exiting the sandbox, every object which I edited while in the sandbox shows a sandbox lock, EXCEPT for the last object which I saved while working within the sandbox. Yet, when I return to the sandbox, it reports that there are no changes which need to be saved.

While within the sandbox, all my sandboxed versions are still present. I can recover by repeating the following steps for every object which I edited:

1) enter sandbox
2) re-save object which has been edited within the sandbox
3) save changes in the sandbox object save/discard tab
4) exit sandbox