[ZCM] [ZC] 1404/ 2 Comment "envirnoment and cgi_environment don't appear to work"

Sun Jul 4 10:38:53 EDT 2004

Issue #1404 Update (Comment) "envirnoment and cgi_environment don't appear to work"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1404

= Comment - Entry #2 by mcdonc on Jul 4, 2004 10:38 am

The value and its name need to be separated by a space, not an equal sign.  I'm not sure that your example would do much anyway as there is now another key for this setting in zope.conf (security-policy-implementation).
= Request - Entry #1 by chrisw on Jul 4, 2004 4:28 am

I tried including the followign section in my zope.conf by uncommenting it:

<environment>
  ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY=PYTHON
</environment>

...and still had VerboseSecurity complaing that the security policy wasn't python.

Then in my travels into adding arbitary sections to zope.conf, I played a little more.

It appears that no matter what you put in the <environment> section, getConfiguration().environment always ends up being {}.

The same goes for cgi_environment.

IS this as b0rked as it appears?