[ZCM] [ZC] 127/ 7 Comment "css files defines absolut sizes"

Fri Jul 30 11:27:50 EDT 2004

Issue #127 Update (Comment) "css files defines absolut sizes"
 Status Accepted, Zope/bug+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/127

= Comment - Entry #7 by waldi on Jul 30, 2004 11:27 am

Uploaded:  "diff1"
 - http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/127/diff1/view
New patch against trunk.

The old patch was against 2.7.2-0 release and it only remove classes which overwrites inherited values with the same.

The new contains some other small cleanups.
= Comment - Entry #6 by chrisw on Jul 30, 2004 10:40 am

The diff is crap I'm afraid.

It won't apply to the HEAD, and it removes a cache control header and a number of classes.

This makes me less than confident in your quality of coding ;-)

Unless you can prove to me you know what you're doing, this goes back to a wontfix...
= Accept - Entry #5 by chrisw on Jul 30, 2004 9:56 am

 Supporters added: chrisw

Okay, I'll apply the changes.

You also meantioned:

"""
also a few pages contains inline style settings with the same defnitions
"""

Where are these pages?
Perhaps you could supply more patches to fix this?
= Comment - Entry #4 by waldi on Jul 30, 2004 7:38 am

Uploaded:  "diff"
 - http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/127/diff/view
patch against 2.7.2-0
= Wontfix - Entry #3 by chrisw on Jul 30, 2004 7:08 am

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm afraid the file in question has changed since Matt deferred this.

So I'm wontfix'ing it. If you're still interested, please submit a new patch, and I'll re-open this issue next month.
= Defer - Entry #2 by matt on Aug 14, 2002 11:26 am

Thanks for the contribution
= Request - Entry #1 by waldi on Jan 7, 2002 12:47 pm

Uploaded:  "manage_page_style.css.dtml"
 - http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/127/manage_page_style.css.dtml/view
the management css file (lib/python/App/dtml/manage_page_style.css.dtml) defines absolut font sizes. also a few pages contains inline style settings with the same defnitions, please move that definition to the main style file.

this should be avoid to let the useragent decide how to render the fonts. also it makes the pages realy unusable with new mozilla/galeon which decide to render them larger to avoid to little display fonts.
the css specification defines  [ xx-small | x-small | small | medium | large | x-large | xx-large ] for that usage.

i include my local file which fixes that and not always redefines settings.

waldi