[ZCM] [ZC] 1240/ 2 Comment "Cannot run Zope 2.7 as service on NT server"

Wed Mar 10 14:54:36 EST 2004

Issue #1240 Update (Comment) "Cannot run Zope 2.7 as service on NT server"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1240

= Comment - Entry #2 by tim_one on Mar 10, 2004 2:54 pm

More information is needed.  Exactly which version of Windows are you running?  I'll note that I had no problem running Zope 2.7 as a service under Win2K SP4.  If you really meant (one of the many flavors of) NT, sorry, I have no access to one of those.

Does a Zope instance appear as a service in your system Services applet?  If not, then the service didn't manage to get installed.  But if so, what does the applet say its Status and Startup Type are?  I can't guess the answers from what you've revealed so far.

If a Zope instance does appear as a service with startup type Automatic, then that part of installion worked fine.  To proceed from there, open a DOS box, cd to your Zope instance's bin directory, and run

zopeservice.py start

using the python.exe in your Zope installation's (not your Zope instance's) bin directory.  If that fails, you may get a more useful traceback than you can get out of the telegraphic system Event log.
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Feb 21, 2004 11:12 pm

this message was written to the event log:
The description for Event ID ( 14 ) in Source ( Python Service ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): , exceptions.ImportError, DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found..