[ZCM] [ZC] 1341/ 3 Comment "TemporayStorage cannot be used with ZEO servers"

Wed May 19 02:15:10 EDT 2004

Issue #1341 Update (Comment) "TemporayStorage cannot be used with ZEO servers"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug+solution critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1341

= Comment - Entry #3 by longsleep on May 19, 2004 2:15 am

Uploaded:  "zeosessionstorage.txt"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1341/zeosessionstorage.txt/view
The site works perfeclty for me. Strage. Does it still timeout? However i added the relevant information as a attachment file.
= Comment - Entry #2 by mcdonc on May 18, 2004 6:31 pm

For some reason I can't get to that site at the moment (it times out for me), but I am interested to see this.  FWIW, I don't really advocate using a shared sessioning storage because it hasn't been tested at all (by me at least), but I'd like to try it out anyway.
= Request - Entry #1 by longsleep on May 18, 2004 5:57 pm

To make SessionCrumbler a full features replacement for CookieCrumbler, SessionCrumbler has to be useable in ZEO environments as well. Therefore sessions need to be shared. This wasnt an easy task because the TemporaryStorage laks some minor functionality to work on the ZEO server side.

See the SessionCrumbler homepage at  http://longsleep.org/projects/sessioncrumbler for a patch which makes TemporayStorage useabe in zeo.conf. I also suggest to add a example configuration for this to zope.conf.in and zeo.conf.in.