[ZCM] [ZC] 1360/ 1 Request "ZODB setup.py breaks --dry-run"

Mon May 31 07:20:37 EDT 2004

Issue #1360 Update (Request) "ZODB setup.py breaks --dry-run"
 Status Pending, Database/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1360

= Request - Entry #1 by jbelmonte on May 31, 2004 7:20 am

Uploaded:  "dry_run.patch"
 - http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1360/dry_run.patch/view
The "delicate dance" in ZODB's setup.py, being delicate, breaks install when it is invoked with --dry-run.  Note that you must use Python's CVS HEAD to see this, since distutils has it's own bug related to --dry-run.

Attached is a trivial patch.  While I was there, I removed a redundant directory existence check (mkpath already handles existing directories).

I also noticed something suspicious.  Even if I comment out "distclass = MyDistribution" (that is, use a stock distutils), the .xml files, etc., in the library tree are still installed.  So perhaps the delicate dance isn't needed at all (or only needed for an old distutils?).