[ZCM] [ZC] 1565/ 4 Comment "monitor server not started"

Sat Nov 13 10:46:34 EST 2004

Issue #1565 Update (Comment) "monitor server not started"
 Status Rejected, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1565

= Comment - Entry #4 by efge on Nov 13, 2004 10:46 am

Could you expand on "the new policy is to keep information about the emergency user in the inituser file"? I wasn't aware of that.

= Comment - Entry #3 by clbousssard on Nov 13, 2004 9:09 am

Sorry, I was'nt clear enough. The emergency user _did_ exist, but as I understand was searched in the access file.  The acces file did'nt exist because the new policy is to keep information about the emergency user in the inituser file. So creating an access file as a link to the inituser file solves the problem
= Reject - Entry #2 by efge on Nov 10, 2004 12:22 pm

It complains that no emergency user exists, because it only works when an emergency user is defined (to use its password as a check).
So add one.

= Request - Entry #1 by clbousssard on Nov 4, 2004 6:17 am

On a fresh install (from Zope-2.7.3-0.tgz), monitor server refuse to start, complaining that no emergency user exists, linking inituser to access in the instance directory solves the problem. The other servers (http, ftp, webdav) seems to work well.