[ZCM] [ZC] 1508/ 2 Accept "Shutdown ZEO Server under Windows"

Wed Oct 13 00:58:54 EDT 2004

Issue #1508 Update (Accept) "Shutdown ZEO Server under Windows"
 Status Accepted, Database/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1508

= Accept - Entry #2 by ctheune on Oct 13, 2004 12:58 am

 Supporters added: ctheune

I'll see what I can do. Maybe the WinBuilders allow me to create a ZEO installer that can handle the service part.
= Request - Entry #1 by mgf on Sep 24, 2004 12:44 pm

It is currently (as confirmed on the ZODB-Dev list) not possible to shut down a ZEO Server cleanly under WINDOWS (as there is no signal mechanism under Windows).

Jim Fulton suggested to allow the ZEO Server to run as a Windows service.

Additionally, I would like to be able to shut down a ZEO Server (running as a service or as a user task) programmatically, either by a call from ClientStorage (or any special call, I don't care that much) or by sending it an HTTP request on some define port.

Thanks, best regards,
Martin