[ZCM] [ZC] 1503/ 1 Request "Excessive logging: Waiting for cache verification to finish"

Tue Sep 21 08:39:34 EDT 2004

Issue #1503 Update (Request) "Excessive logging: Waiting for cache verification to finish"
 Status Pending, Database/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1503

= Request - Entry #1 by d.maurer on Sep 21, 2004 8:39 am

Here, a ZEO server restarted and a Zope client wrote a 2 GB log filled with "Waiting for cache verification to finish" messages.

The problems seems to lie in "ZEO.ClientStorage.ClientStorage._wait_sync". It seems to be able to produce such a log message for each invalidation message it receives.

I do not understand why our Zope did not use its connection in asynchronous mode (where this problem cannot happen), but
unrestricted logging of irrelevant messages should not happen in synchronous mode, too.