[ZCM] [ZC] 1753/ 1 Request "Aquisition problem?"

Wed Apr 13 14:37:49 EDT 2005

Issue #1753 Update (Request) "Aquisition problem?"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1753

= Request - Entry #1 by jdoyon on Apr 13, 2005 2:37 pm

Using Zope 2.8 Alpha 2 and PTS 1.0.1, I can't seem to look at the management interface in the control planel.

I get the following error:

exceptions.AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 187, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51, in new_publish
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PlacelessTranslationService, line 622, in manage_main
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 346, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 1, in ?
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 265, in _getContext

AttributeError: aq_parent

-------

The offending line of code is:

    def manage_main(self, REQUEST, *a, **kw):
        """
        Wrap Folder's manage_main to render international characters
        """
        # ugh, API cruft
        if REQUEST is self and a:
            REQUEST = a[0]
            a = a[1:]
        if type(r) is UnicodeType:
            r = r.encode('utf-8')
        REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-type', 'text/html; charset=utf-8')
        return r

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but aquisition internals are something I stay away from :P

PTS 1.0.1 works just fine in Zope 2.7.4 (Not tried with 2.7.5 yet).

Nothing in the 2.8 CHANGELOG jumps out as being an obvious possible cause (to me).

The translation itself (with i18n: in ZPT's) works OK, so it looks like it's just the management interface as far as this product is concerned.