[ZCM] [ZC] 1270/ 6 Reject "MailHost naming conflict"

Thu Apr 14 19:05:37 EDT 2005

Issue #1270 Update (Reject) "MailHost naming conflict"
 Status Rejected, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1270

= Reject - Entry #6 by efge on Apr 14, 2005 7:05 pm

Case closed then.
= Comment - Entry #5 by jdoyon on Apr 14, 2005 4:43 pm

That last explanation makes sense.

Since I normally would only have ONE of these, maybe there was a second one lying around I never thought to even look for.

Darn acquisition :P

Sorry about that ...
= Defer - Entry #4 by regebro on Mar 22, 2005 6:06 am

You probably had two instances of MailHost, both called MailHost, one with the correct adress and one that was still initialized with it's default. When you called it through acquisition you ended up with the wrong one. By renaming the correct one to something else, and looking for that, you no longer found the incorrect one.

It would be great if you can confirm that this is no longer a problem, so we can close this issue.

= Comment - Entry #3 by efge on Nov 10, 2004 9:24 am

Please followup on this, otherwise it will be rejected as nobody
else has reported a problem with a MailHost called 'MailHost'
(which is the case for every CMF site by the way).

= Comment - Entry #2 by jdoyon on Mar 23, 2004 1:05 pm

BTW, this error does NOT exist in Zope 2.6.x ...
= Request - Entry #1 by jdoyon on Mar 23, 2004 1:01 pm

When a MailHost instance has an id of "MailHost" the SMTP Server address is internally overriden/confused at some point and reset to "localhost" by the time one gets to running _send() ...

I ran into this when I was trying to submit a form via e-mail, using a seperate SMTP server (NOT localhost) and got "Connection Refused" errors.

Using TCP dump and strategically placed print statements, I discovered that for some reason self.smtp_host in _send() was set to "localhost" ! The persistent version of the attribute remains OK though, at all times if I look throught the ZMI the proper SMTP server address shows up.

Sorry, at this time I don't have time to track down the exact source of the problem ... I'll edit this bug later if I get a chance to find out more ...

Thanks,
J.F.