[ZCM] [ZC] 1689/ 2 Comment "winlock error 33 when using custom_zodb.py"

Tue Feb 1 09:54:51 EST 2005

Issue #1689 Update (Comment) "winlock error 33 when using custom_zodb.py"
 Status Pending, Database/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1689

= Comment - Entry #2 by tim_one on Feb 1, 2005 9:54 am

I don't understand the purpose of custom_zodb.py, but believe it became obsolete some time ago.  Maybe this thread will help you:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-June/150654.html

It seems to describe everything you're seeing.  As it says, editing zope.conf is "the right way" to configure ZODB.
= Request - Entry #1 by kedder on Feb 1, 2005 9:16 am

When I create ZODB database from cusom_zodb.py, located in INSTANCE_HOME and visit database management page, e.g.

  http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_main

I've got a traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Products.iHotfix, line 84, in new_publish
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 302, in traverse
    * Module App.ApplicationManager, line 122, in __bobo_traverse__
    * Module App.ApplicationManager, line 113, in __getitem__
    * Module DBTab.DBTab, line 96, in getDatabase
    * Module DBTab.DBTab, line 113, in _createDatabase
    * Module Zope.Startup.datatypes, line 172, in open
    * Module Zope.Startup.datatypes, line 169, in createDB
    * Module ZODB.config, line 97, in open
    * Module ZODB.config, line 128, in open
    * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 232, in __init__
    * Module ZODB.lock_file, line 62, in __init__
    * Module ZODB.lock_file, line 33, in lock_file

winlock.error: 33 (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)

Contents of my custom_zodb.py are:

import os
import ZODB.FileStorage
import ZODB.DB

filename = os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'var', 'Data.fs')
Storage = ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage(filename)
DB = ZODB.DB(Storage, pool_size=10, cache_size=200

If I remove or rename custom_zodb.py file, database management screens works.

P.S. Thats the only way I found how to increase pool_size of the ZODB... If there's better/other way to do it, I'd appreciate any hint or clue.