[ZCM] [ZC] 1695/ 1 Request "modules missing in Zope 2.8"

Tue Feb 8 14:44:42 EST 2005

Issue #1695 Update (Request) "modules missing in Zope 2.8"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1695

= Request - Entry #1 by Tiran on Feb 8, 2005 2:44 pm

Some modules or module aliases are missing in Zope 2.8. This breaks existing software and unpickling from ZODB. Here is a list of missing modules I found until know:

* ZODB.PersistentMapping
* ZODB.PersistentList
* BTree
* IOBTree (including aliases like IOBTree.Bucket -> BTrees.IOBTree.IOBucket)
* OIBTree
* intSet

The import of the modules isn't marked deprecated in Zope 2.7. Also I don't see any migration code for existing instances in ZODB. It should be very easy to solve the issue by adding module aliases.