[ZCM] [ZC] 1711/ 1 Request "Zope on Windows installs PyWin in non-standard folder structure"

Thu Feb 24 10:13:32 EST 2005

Issue #1711 Update (Request) "Zope on Windows installs PyWin in non-standard folder structure"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1711

= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Feb 24, 2005 10:13 am

The Zope Windows Installer installs a copy of PythonWin (PyWin) into <Zope>\bin\Lib\site-packages. It seems to put all files of PyWin into that directory, without any substructure.

The standard PyWin installer (from SourceForge), however, uses subdirectories such as Pythonwin, win32, win32com, win32comext.

Since Zope doesn’t follow this structure, an independent upgrade of PythonWin into <Zope>\bin\Lib\site-packages leads to duplication of files, fragile path dependencies, and much confusion.
As Zope 2.7.3 does not contain the latest released PyWin version, I need to upgrade PyWin because I wanted to make use of some of its newer features.

I think Zope should (i) follow the PyWin directory structure and (ii) be packaged with the then-latest release of PyWin.

Thanks! Martin