[ZCM] [ZC] 1407/ 7 Resubmit "WebDav displayname Title"

Mon Jan 3 12:56:41 EST 2005

Issue #1407 Update (Resubmit) "WebDav displayname Title"
 Status Pending, Zope/feature+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1407

= Resubmit - Entry #7 by efge on Jan 3, 2005 12:56 pm

Reopening.
= Comment - Entry #6 by mgrieder on Dec 27, 2004 9:31 am

The current implementation (CVS, Zope-2_7-branch) doesn't escape/encode the object title for webdav: Breaks Webdav-Clients which expect valid XML.
For example: Add '<' or 'ä' to a Object Title and try to access the Object over WebDAV. Microsoft WebFolders could not display the folder with the object anymore.
Use of xml_escape fix it for me:
  return absattr(xml_escape(self.v_self().title_or_id()))

= Resolve - Entry #5 by ajung on Nov 26, 2004 4:02 am

Fixed for 2.8a2, 2.7.4
= Comment - Entry #4 by ksmith99 on Jul 20, 2004 4:05 pm

Works great with SkunkDav and DAVexplorer. It creates a cosmetic glitch on WinXP network connections, but works. I'll try a few more out and post it here.

= Comment - Entry #3 by ajung on Jul 20, 2004 12:28 am

which webdav clients do you have in mind?
using cadaver this change has no effect for me.
= Comment - Entry #2 by ajung on Jul 6, 2004 12:16 am

This change might be useful for graphical webdav browser but not for commandline webdav clients where you have to know the 'id' of a directory to 'cd' into the directory.
The 'title' is absolutely useless in this context.
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Jul 5, 2004 4:40 pm

I would like to suggest mapping the object title to the displayname property of webdav to allow viewing folder and document titles from a webdav client directory listing.