[ZCM] [ZC] 1824/ 4 Comment "use <label> tag to improve the ZMI importExport page"

Fri Jul 1 20:56:57 EDT 2005

Issue #1824 Update (Comment) "use <label> tag to improve the ZMI importExport page"
 Status Pending, Zope/feature+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1824

= Comment - Entry #4 by nucleus on Jul 1, 2005 8:56 pm

> = Comment - Entry #3 by bcroq on Jul 1, 2005 10:57 am
>
> I think that making all label elements have a "pointer" cursor helps
>   knowing that these are "clickable" elements... I don't understand why the
>   default CSS (the one proposed at w3.org) doesn't do it!

Buttons, radio boxes, inputs, checkboxes, etc. are clickable too, should they also get a pointer cursor? I think it's not necessary.
= Comment - Entry #3 by bcroq on Jul 1, 2005 10:57 am

I think that making all label elements have a "pointer" cursor helps knowing that these are "clickable" elements... I don't understand why the default CSS (the one proposed at w3.org) doesn't do it!
= Comment - Entry #2 by tseaver on Jun 29, 2005 6:13 am

I like the patch to the actual import/export form;  I'm a little
more worried about the change to the "global" ZMI stylesheet.

Do you think there is any drawback to making all label elements
throughout the ZMI have a "pointer" icon?
= Request - Entry #1 by bcroq on Jun 29, 2005 5:52 am

Uploaded:  "zmi_importexport.patch"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1824/zmi_importexport.patch/view
Here is a patch that improves the importExport page in the ZMI, using the "label" tag (and changing the pointer when the cursor is over a "label" HTML block).