[ZCM] [ZC] 1811/ 2 Edit "Unicode error in PageTemplate"

Sat Jul 2 04:53:39 EDT 2005

Issue #1811 Update (Edit) "Unicode error in PageTemplate"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1811

= Edit - Entry #2 by ajung on Jul 2, 2005 4:53 am

 Changes: submitter email, importance (critical => medium)
= Request - Entry #1 by don on Jun 19, 2005 3:27 am

I have management_page_charset property with value "koi8-r". With zope 2.8 I can't create or edit Page Template if it contains russian characters in koi8-r encoding. When I try to save such Page Template, I'm getting an error:
Error Type: UnicodeDecodeError
Error Value: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf2 in position 199: ordinal not in range(128)

If it's new (created in zope 2.8) object, traceback is:
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 142, in pt_editAction
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 110, in _exec
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 103, in pt_render
<PageTemplateFile at /rft/adv/ll/pt_editForm>
Module StringIO, line 203, in getvalue

If it's old (created in zope 2.7) object, traceback is:
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 135, in pt_editAction
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 66, in pt_edit
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 224, in write
Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 144, in write

In zope 2.7 etherything was ok.