[ZCM] [ZC] 1847/ 1 Request "unable to configure zeo client cache tracing"

Tue Jul 19 07:40:28 EDT 2005

Issue #1847 Update (Request) "unable to configure zeo client cache tracing"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1847

= Request - Entry #1 by alzhimer on Jul 19, 2005 7:40 am

The documention about ZEO client cache tracing is outdated/misleading. In

    Zope/doc/ZEO/trace.txt

it is explained to set the environment variable ZEO_CACHE_TRACE; however, there seems to be no code left that would work that way. In fact, in

    Zope/lib/python/ZEO/ClientStorage.py,

where ClientCache of

    Zope/lib/python/ZEO/cache.py

is instantiated, there is no configurable way to enable the tracing. A simple workaround would be

    #self._cache = self.ClientCacheClass(cache_path, size=cache_size)
    self._cache = self.ClientCacheClass(cache_path, size=cache_size, trace=True)

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the internals to know how to make this configurable via zope.conf.

By the way, not sure if I'm right, but it looks very much as if

    Zope/lib/python/ZEO/simul.py

isn't working as advertised - no matter what cache size I choose to simulate the collected trace, the calculated hitrate is always 0.0 %.

Cheers, Sascha