[ZCM] [ZC] 1833/ 5 Assign "ZODB mount point: container class has no effect in 2.8"

Wed Jul 20 10:58:06 EDT 2005

Issue #1833 Update (Assign) "ZODB mount point: container class has no effect in 2.8"
 Status Accepted, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1833

= Assign - Entry #5 by Tiran on Jul 20, 2005 10:58 am

 Supporters added: chrism

Hey Chris :) Do you have some time to fix it? According to svn praise/blame you and Jim did most of the coding.
= Comment - Entry #4 by suvit on Jul 7, 2005 8:27 am

in my zope.conf:
<zodb_db archive>
  <filestorage>
    path $INSTANCE/var/2004.fs
  </filestorage>
  mount-point /docs/archive/2004:/2004
  container-class Products.CMFNauTools.ArchiveFolder.ArchiveFolder
</zodb_db>
in main db I have only object with path /docs.

also i fix MountedObject.py as described in collector #1819.

When I add "ZODB Mount Point" product with option 'Create new folders if the mounted objects don't yet exist' checked.

I receive what object with path=/docs/archive was of 'OFS.Folder.Folder' class. But object ('/2004' in 'archive' db or '/docs/archive/2004' in 'main' db) was of my 'Products.CMFNauTools.ArchiveFolder.ArchiveFolder' class.

I think the bug in Products.ZODBMountPoint.MountedObject.manage_addMounts
where always used SimpleTrailblazer.
= Comment - Entry #3 by Tiran on Jul 7, 2005 7:49 am

No, ZODBMountPoint and DBTab are *always* creating a OFS.Folder.Folder as a mount point folder. I hadn't had time to understand and debug the product. It's a job for Shane or Tim :)
= Comment - Entry #2 by suvit on Jul 7, 2005 3:32 am

in your example in the Data-test.fs there are folders of Products.CMFPlone.PloneFolder.PloneFolder class, but in the main db there are 'OFS.Folder.Folder' folders?

this is bad for me, too.
= Request - Entry #1 by Tiran on Jul 6, 2005 10:59 am

I have added the following lines to etc/zope.conf

<zodb_db test>
  <filestorage>
    path $INSTANCE/var/Data-test.fs
  </filestorage>
  mount-point /testsite/test
  container-class Products.CMFPlone.PloneFolder.PloneFolder
</zodb_db>

and created the mount point from ZMI. Under Zope 2.7 it creates a PloneFolder but under 2.8 it is always creating an OFS.Folder.Folder.