[ZCM] [ZC] 1825/ 2 Comment "Reindex catalog:

Wed Jun 29 10:11:35 EDT 2005

Issue #1825 Update (Comment) "Reindex catalog:
SystemError: error return without exception set"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1825

= Comment - Entry #2 by tseaver on Jun 29, 2005 10:11 am

Very puzzling.  That error means that some C-code returned NULL
without setting the error flag.  The Python code in question:

 293:            obj = self.resolve_path(p)
 294:            if not obj:
 295:                obj = self.resolve_url(p, self.REQUEST)
 296:            if obj is not None:

looks innocuous;  I would guess that the C implementation of
__nonzero__ is where the problem lies.
= Request - Entry #1 by Tiran on Jun 29, 2005 6:30 am

While updating a catalog on a large site I'm getting the following error

    *  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 113, in publish
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 263, in manage_catalogReindex
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 294, in refreshCatalog

SystemError: error return without exception set