[ZCM] [ZC] 1720/ 3 Comment "Help file is not professional "

Fri Mar 4 00:58:05 EST 2005

Issue #1720 Update (Comment) "Help file is not professional "
 Status Pending, Zope/doc request medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1720

= Comment - Entry #3 by ajung on Mar 4, 2005 12:57 am

"""
I request that someone alter the help file or provide one that will be more businesslike in nature.
"""

You request? You have nothing to request when you are using an open-source
software which is for free. You can *suggest* something or ask for help but you have
nothing to request from anyone being involved in Zope.

If you want something fixed: a) make a contribution on your own or b) pay someone of the Zope community to fix it for you  if you need it fixed in time .

= Comment - Entry #2 by mcdonc on Mar 3, 2005 5:26 pm

Since you're shipping to enterprise-level businesses, maybe you could throw a couple dollars towards finding someone to maintain the help system and its contents in such a fashion?  Ideally, you would find someone who is willing to sign the Zope CVS contributor agreement and who has the will to make such fixes.  Someone on your staff perhaps?
= Request - Entry #1 by hulje02 on Mar 3, 2005 5:18 pm

We are shipping this product to enterprise level businesses and the help file is not professional. The first item in the help file is:
"CMF Calendar Help
   So that 'cvs up -d' doesn't blow us away."

The tutorial is for "Elvis". The business clients we are going to be shipping to will not appreciate the humor and will see the unprofessionalism of the Zope product questioning our own product as well.

I request that someone alter the help file or provide one that will be more businesslike in nature.