[ZCM] [ZC] 1323/ 4 Comment "Patch for zdctl umask bug"

Fri May 6 16:47:39 EDT 2005

Issue #1323 Update (Comment) "Patch for zdctl umask bug"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1323

= Comment - Entry #4 by tim_one on May 6, 2005 4:47 pm

John, not meaning to be facetious at all, have you considered sending in a contributor agreement?  Then you could check in changes yourself.  Like it or not, that is one clear answer to your question ;-)
= Comment - Entry #3 by jbelmonte on May 4, 2005 11:36 pm

The current functionality is broken, the given patch is correct, it's been over a year-- exactly what needs to happen to get this fix into zdaemon?

= Comment - Entry #2 by tim_one on May 24, 2004 3:29 pm

I hope nobody is waiting for me to "do something" about this!  I added it here because it didn't belong on zodb-dev, and it was just going to get lost on the mailing list.  zdaemon doesn't do anything sensible on Windows, so I can't reasonably test it.

Note that zdaemon is no longer stitched into other repositories by magic on HEAD anymore, so after it's fixed in zdaemon it will need to get propagated to the Zope, Zope3, and ZODB repositories too.

Note that, in the patch introducing umask, Jeremy asked whether it was necessary to backport it to Zope 2.7 + ZODB 3.2 too (see checkin comment for revision 612 of zdctl.py,

    http://svn.zope.org/zdaemon/trunk/zdctl.py?rev=612&view=log

).  That may be an open issue for Zope 2.7.1.
= Request - Entry #1 by tim_one on May 7, 2004 11:51 pm

Uploaded:  "umask_bug.patch"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1323/umask_bug.patch/view
>From John Belmonte:

"""
There is a bug in the umask option that I added to zdaemon earlier this year.  When --umask is passed on the command line to zdctl.py, it's run through octal to int conversion twice.  The attached patch restores the value to octal before passing it on to zdrun.py.
"""