[ZCM] [ZC] 2137/ 9 Comment "ZopeVersionControl bug"

Fri Jul 7 19:12:22 EDT 2006

Issue #2137 Update (Comment) "ZopeVersionControl bug"
 Status Pending, Other Zope repository software/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2137

= Comment - Entry #9 by miwa on Jul 7, 2006 7:12 pm

Uploaded:  "zvc.diff"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2137/zvc.diff/view
attached patch represents:

 - fix for the issue
 - unit test to show the issue is fixed
 - fixes to make unit tests run on zope 2.8+ (some strange hackery not needed any more)
= Edit - Entry #8 by jens on Jun 24, 2006 7:08 am

 Changes: submitter email, edited transcript, topic (Zope => Other Zope repository software), new comment

Putting into newly created category
= Comment - Entry #7 by jens on Jun 24, 2006 7:06 am

I know and fully understand your motivations, I just don't see a way to make it happen without leaving certain issues and users completely in the rain. I don't think we want to end up in that position. You simply ignoring some issues seems the better solution to me. It's not like there aren't a ton of open issues around, anyway...

= Comment - Entry #6 by ajung on Jun 24, 2006 6:12 am

When I walk through the collector I am usually interested in Zope 2 core related issues. Currently there is no way filter out unrelated issues. I don't want to be bothered with issues I am not interested in. That's why I want to have this issue for Zope 2 core issues *only*.
= Comment - Entry #5 by jens on Jun 24, 2006 6:03 am

I don't see much value in trying to exclude issues for products in cvs.zope.org/svn.zope.org that don't have their own specific collector. The other collectors were created by people who take responsibility for the product in question and they publish the collector information in all places where users may look (the respective products page, release docs, etc). Packages like ZVC have no one who is responsible and no place where people might look for information like "where do I file bugs".

IMHO new collectors don't add any value at all unless there are people signed up to support the issues that get posted. Otherwise you might as well tell the issue poster to f* off completely and put their issues in the garbage.

= Comment - Entry #4 by ajung on Jun 24, 2006 5:27 am

Although ZVC is hosted on zope.org I want this collector for Zope 2 core issues only. APE and PAS also have their own collector. We should create a dedicated bugtracker for all Zope 2 contributions hosted on zope.org that don't belong to the core.
= Resubmit - Entry #3 by jens on Jun 24, 2006 4:44 am

Not quite true, it's actually on cvs.zope.org:

http://cvs.zope.org/Products/ZopeVersionControl/

The real question is, who supports it? A few people seem to be using it, according to the checkins.

= Reject - Entry #2 by ajung on Jun 23, 2006 3:02 pm

Zope Version Control is a third-party product and not supported through the Zope collector. Contact the author of ZVC directly.
= Request - Entry #1 by miwa on Jun 23, 2006 2:19 pm

There is a bug in ZopeVersionControl:

In

class StandardNonVersionedDataAdapter:

    def getNonVersionedData(self):
        data = {}
        for attr in self.attrs:
            if hasattr(self.obj, attr):
                data[attr] = aq_base(getattr(aq_base(self.obj), attr))
        return data

if hasattr(self.obj, attr)
needs to be replaced by
if hasattr(aq_base(self.obj), attr).

otherwise the next line will fail if attr can be acquired for obj, but does not exist for it.