[ZCM] [ZC] 2158/ 3 Reject "Improved detail in SystemError message on Class not found"

Sun Jul 23 19:11:23 EDT 2006

Issue #2158 Update (Reject) "Improved detail in SystemError message on Class not found"
 Status Rejected, Zope/bug+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2158

= Reject - Entry #3 by tseaver on Jul 23, 2006 7:11 pm

= Comment - Entry #2 by russf on Jul 23, 2006 2:14 pm

Sorry for the duplicate.
Go with the previous Issue number 2157:

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2157
= Request - Entry #1 by russf on Jul 23, 2006 2:09 pm

Uploaded:  "Uninstalled.py.diff"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2158/Uninstalled.py.diff/view
>Preamble...
>From ZODB-Dev list:
>On 23 Jul 2006, at 17:46, Tres Seaver wrote:
>BTW, some might call your change a "feature":  I would back
>characterizing it as a bugfix (and describing the defect).  As such, we
>can then deploy it into release line code, rather than only on the trunk.
>Tres.

Background...

When a module is renamed, as sometimes occurs between upgrades, object instances cannot be reconciled to their filesystem classes.

In such cases curretnly a SystemError is raised with an inadequate message, that does not help find the source of the problem.

Fix...

Applying the attached patch in OFS will provide an early clue as to the source of the problem, and reduce time to fix.