[ZCM] [ZC] 2261/ 6 Comment "FTP acquisition problem with Zope 2.10.1"

Fri Jan 12 12:44:31 EST 2007

Issue #2261 Update (Comment) "FTP acquisition problem with Zope 2.10.1"
 Status Accepted, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2261

= Comment - Entry #6 by ajung on Jan 12, 2007 12:44 pm

The patch solves the problem for real-world ftp and webdav clients
however two unittests in testPUTFactory.py will fail. I've no idea
how to make them pass or how to improve the patch..ideas?
= Comment - Entry #5 by ajung on Jan 12, 2007 12:42 pm

Uploaded:  "BaseRequest.py.diff"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2261/BaseRequest.py.diff/view
Patch for BaseRequest.py
= Comment - Entry #4 by ajung on Jan 12, 2007 10:32 am

I added a dedicated unittest to

 lib/python/webdav/tests/testPUT_factory.py

= Comment - Entry #3 by ajung on Jan 12, 2007 9:00 am

The failure is caused by the following code in ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py:

            # No __bobo_traverse__
            # Try with an unacquired attribute:
            if hasattr(aq_base(object), name):
                subobject = getattr(object, name)
            else:
                # We try to fall back to a view:
                subobject = queryMultiAdapter((object, request), Interface, name)
                if subobject is not None:
                    return subobject.__of__(object)

                # And lastly, of there is no view, try acquired attributes, but
                # only if there is no __bobo_traverse__:

                try:
                    subobject=getattr(object, name)
                    # Again, clear any error status created by __bobo_traverse__
                    # because we actually found something:
                    request.response.setStatus(200)
                    return subobject
                except AttributeError:
                    pass

But I have no idea how fix this.

= Accept - Entry #2 by ajung on Jan 10, 2007 9:43 pm

 Supporters added: ajung

= Request - Entry #1 by mschopen on Jan 10, 2007 6:07 pm

I've installed a fresh Zope 2.10.1 and noticed a strange behaviour when
connectiong via FTP:

Through the ZMI I've created a Folder /A with a DTMLDocument "a" and an
empty Subfolder B:

/
-/A
---a
-/B

If I connect via FTP to the server and trying to upload an ASCII file
"a" to the folder /A/B it overwrites the "a" object in the parent A
folder and does not create a new "a" object in the /A/B folder. An old
2.7.3 Zope doesn't show this acquisition behavior.

Just set up a fresh 2.9.6 Zope, which does not show this strange
behavior!

Cheers,
Marcus