[ZCM] [ZC] 2323/ 5 Comment "Page Template and DOCTYPE"

Fri May 11 12:28:57 EDT 2007

Issue #2323 Update (Comment) "Page Template and DOCTYPE"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2323

= Comment - Entry #5 by sukhsc on May 11, 2007 12:28 pm

Please find below code examples which demostrate the problem. Thanks
the template:
======================================
<!DOCTYPE PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" html>

<head>
</head>

  <metal:block define-slot="body"></metal:block>

  <input type="submit" value="My Submit Button Inside Template" class="myButton">

The file
======================================
<tal:block metal:use-macro="here/test_template/macros/page">

  <metal:block fill-slot="body">
    <input type="submit" value="My Submit Button Outside Template" class="myButton">
  </metal:block>

</tal:block>

= Comment - Entry #4 by sukhsc on May 11, 2007 12:25 pm

This issue is a bug in the system which causes many features of style sheets not to work in IE browsers. I therefore consider this a critical issue and was disappointed to see it had been amended to medium importance. Please could you respond to inform why this has been changed to medium importance.

Thank You
= Comment - Entry #3 by ajung on May 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Please provide a unittest that demonstrates the behavior.
= Edit - Entry #2 by ajung on May 11, 2007 12:14 pm

 Changes: submitter email, importance (critical => medium)
= Request - Entry #1 by sukhsc on May 11, 2007 12:08 pm

When you use a pagetempalte to create a template for all your page tempalte pages with the use of slots, when the page is rendered it loses the <!DOCTYPE> tag at the top of the page. For example:

IF the first two lines of your template with the slots in is:

if you use the slots in another page template that page is rendered to be:

Losing the doctype tag at the top of the page.

Thanks