[ZCM] [ZC] 2344/ 3 Reject "Update PythonSpread to Spread 4.0"

Sat Sep 1 04:54:57 EDT 2007

Issue #2344 Update (Reject) "Update PythonSpread to Spread 4.0"
 Status Rejected, Other Zope repository software/feature+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2344

= Reject - Entry #3 by ajung on Sep 1, 2007 4:54 am

This is not the bugtracker for PythonSpread.
= Comment - Entry #2 by alec on Jul 28, 2007 11:06 pm

There's also this post with a patch, which looks more comprehensive, although it has some hard coded limits.

http://commedia.cnds.jhu.edu/pipermail/spread-users/2006-December/003168.html
= Request - Entry #1 by alec on Jul 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Uploaded:  "PythonSpread1.5-Spread4.0.diff"
 - http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2344/PythonSpread1.5-Spread4.0.diff/view
This patch updates PythonSpread to work with Spread 4.0.

I don't have a deep understanding of either the spread internals or Python C code, but the patch worked in the limited tests I've thrown against it.

The diff also contains some minor setup.py changes of questionable value.

With liberal use of preprocessor directives it could work against both Spread 3 and 4, but I didn't worry about that either.