[Zope-DB] [ANN] Modified version of DCOracle2 is available

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Fri Nov 17 11:31:36 EST 2006

Hi

Due to discussion on Zope list and some work I did before
I've published modified version of DCOracle2.

What is in this version:
1. Bug fixes
 - StoredProcedures caused deadlocks in database
 - StoredProcedures caused conflict errors under heavy load
   removed self._errors reference and added _p_resolveConflict
 - other I don't remember now

2. Changes
 Changes are only in python files
 - DCOracle2 now uses connection pool
   Pool implementation is based on psycopg but
   it doesn't use volatile attributes.

   As a result:
   - Open/Close button in ZMI works as it should
   - DCOracle is possibly slower a bit

 - Ability to reconnect after the connection is broken
   When Oracle is restarted, connection is closed by firewall
   etc. Zope will show an error but only once for every broken
   connection. Second request will cause DCOracle2 to reconnect

3. To do:
 - Possibly useage of raise ConflictError may cause that there
   will be no errors shown during reconnect

 - Pool size attribute may be set via ZMI

 - Testing...

This code is now in use at my company, but not yet in production
environment. So far this works with Zope 2.8.x and Oracle9.

If somebody knows better place for this code then let me know.
Any ideas how should file headers (I mean licences) look?
Comments are welcome

Code is here:

http://code.google.com/p/dcoracle2da/

Should be available via svn with:

svn checkout http://dcoracle2da.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dcoracle2da

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOU, SO BE CAREFULL :)

--
Maciej Wisniowski