[Zope-dev] zpt code crashes zope 2.7.3

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Dec 9 09:08:58 EST 2004

This is a Zope bug, not a Python bug.

The line in question isn't checking the return value
of PyString_AsString.  The PyString_AsString call is
failing because the unicode value can't be converted to
a string with the default encoding.  PyString_AsString
is returning NULL and Zope is trying to dereference a
NULL pointer.

Let's discuss off-line how to get a fix out.

Jim