[Zope-dev] post publishing hook

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Apr 1 10:48:24 EST 2005

I really could use a post publishing hook.
Standard use case: delay indexing at the end of the request to only do
it once per object even if the object has been modified 4 times.

Today there's the REQUEST._hold() hack with an instance having a
__del__, but this gets executed outside the main transaction, and
REQUEST is already dying.

I'd like a post-publishing hook that's called in the initial REQUEST and
transaction.

Open issues are:
1. what if there's an exception in the hook? I'd say log it but that's all.
2. what if there's a Conflicterror? That's tougher to deal with... The
transaction has to be retried, without the user being aware of it, so it
means the hook should probably be called *before* things are sent to the
browser.

What do you think?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com