[zope-news] So, Who's Gonna do What?

george donnelly george at zettai.net
Wed Jan 15 10:40:52 EST 2003

hi all

Well we've gone from 10 to 73 members (of this list) in three days, I'm
impressed. :)

So has anyone committed to any topics? Until we get an app set up to handle
this, let's do it this way: to take ownership of a topic, please write to
the list, tell us your name, the topic you're going to write about and for
what issue of the news (issues come out every 2 weeks starting 1/20).

We need stuff to be ready a day at least before the publication date, so
that means we need stuff for this next issue by 1/19 - this Sunday. Now's
the time to pick up a small topic and write something short about it. See
the topic below.

(Now is also the time to pick up something for the Feb 3 issue! :) )

- Plone1.0 RC2 released

- Zope3 stuff, esp Gary Poster's recent newsletter

- AdaptableStorage release

- summarize the current discussions on zope-web about new zope.org and
mirrors. - very important!

- summarize any other interesting threads on any other mailing

- new howto's or articles on zope?

- interview/feature on freezope.org, zopezen.org, DZUG, the German zope user
group, the problems at Beehive and/or Zope Europe and/or a personal
interview with some prominent Zopista (Dieter?)

   o Rotterdam and Vilnius sprints in the past

   o Zope 2.6.1b1 and 3.0a1

   o SolutionsLinux and the sprint there in the future

   o The Plone sprint after that

   o Plone rc2 and hopefully Zope 2.6b2

- anything else that you or your organization would like to highlight

Please pick one and help us out! :)

btw if you signed up after monday you might want to check out the list
archives to get up to speed:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-news/2003-January/date.html

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george at zettai.net