[zope-news] zope3 news submission

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1043162046.59abab at bitdance.com
Thu Jan 16 10:14:06 EST 2003

Gary Poster wrote:
>Hello, all.  It's time to gather Zope 3 news again: this time, please

I'm not sure if this news from the right timeframe or not, but I did
some work just pre alpha that I haven't reported before:

Based on Jim's instructions, I rewrote the the auth service
(zope/app/services/auth.py) to speed up user lookup by dropping the
BTreeContainer mixin, switching to using two BTrees for the data
(principal id and username), and implementing the rest of IContainer
directly on the auth class.  I then altered IPrincipal to include
a getRoles attribute, implemented it on the PrincipalBase class,
and altered the zopepolicy security policy to grab the Authentication
service and use the getRoles method of the principal to compute
the base roles instead of using only anonymous, as it did before.