[Zope-Perl] still struggling with Zope-Perl on Solaris Sparc

Harry Danilevsky hdanilevsky@siichi.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:11:42 -0500

Success!! After I installed Zope 2.2 (compiling it from source)
I got PerlMethod, PerlExternalMethod and ZDBI_DA up
(consider it a port to Sparc Solaris :-)

My next problem: How do I pass a DBI connection object to
my perl method? I can open a connection inside Perl code,
execute SQL and get results back. I can also create a
ZDBI_DA connection object, and open a connection.

If I try to call perl method passing the connection
perl code seems to receive just a string with connection name.
(say, connection object Id is DVMT, and perl method
is declared to expect 1 parameter: connection. I "Try it",
giving DVMT as connection parameter value: - is this the right syntax?)

Harry Danilevsky
harry@siichi.com