[Zope-Perl] ZOPE DBI adapter - feedback and patch (please rev iew)

Harry Danilevsky hdanilevsky@siichi.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:10:19 -0500

I tried Zope DBI adapter with Sybase , and it works fine, but there
is a problem: every time the connection object is used, a new
connection is made ( I can see it when I run sp_who in Sybase).
Do you see this behavior with Oracle?
How is the db connection persistence implemented in Zope ?
Should the specific adapter take care of it (a la Apache::DBI persistent
connections)
or the base class does it? If I use digicool's "native" SybaseDA,
no extra connections are open.

Problem #2. I still can't figure out how to use the DBI connection object in
perl methods.
If I pass the connection to perl method, I get a Python::Object object,
but if I try to call a DBI method on it (prepare, execute, etc.), I get an
error message telling
me that the object doesn't support such methods.

-- Harry Danilevsky
harry@siichi.com