[Zope-Perl] ZOPE DBI adapter

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
31 Aug 2000 16:24:39 +0200

Harry Danilevsky <hdanilevsky@siichi.com> writes:

> In addition to that, if I try to close the connection from
> the management screen, Zope says 'connection closed',
> but in reality connections stay open in the database.
> (Does it have to do with the fact that ZDBI_DA.DB doesn't have
> a close() method ?)

That is in fact correct.  I have now added a:

    def close(self):
        print "DBI disconnect", id(self)
        self.db.disconnect()
        del(self.db)

method to ZDBI_DA's class DB.  I also think it can be regarded as a
bug that Shared.DC.ZRDB.Connection does not delete its reference to
the actual database connection object in manage_close_connection().

Regards,
Gisle