[Zope-Perl] Problem builing pyperl

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
20 Nov 2000 09:38:10 -0800

"Schut, Koos (Koos)" <kschut@avaya.com> writes:

> I am in the process of building pyperl-1.0.beta3
>
> I am using:
> perl-5.6.0 build 620
> gcc-2.95.2
> distutils-1.0.1
> Python::Object-0.12 (came with pyperl)
>
> So far I have some doubts. In order to make the Perl::Objects module, I had
> to edit the perl.h include file. The "perl_key" type is defined in perl.h
> inside some nested #ifdefs. In my perl.h it ends-up as undefined, so I added
> "#typedef void * perl_key ;" outside of the #ifdefs.....

This does not sound right.  What OS/environment is this?  'perl -V'

> Now I could compile and install the complete pyperl-package.
>
> I ran "python test.py" and I get:
>
> apply.py ............ skipped
> basic.py Segmentation Fault - core dumped
> ............Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "test.py", line 58, in ?
>   File "test.py", line 43, in test_ok
> NameError: expect_next
>
> Two questions arise:
> 1- is my perl-installation incorrect?

I think I need some hints about what OS you are running in order to
answer that.  The perl_key thing should be the type that can hold a
handle to the thread specific info that pyperl needs.  Currently there
are only attempts to support pthreads and win32 threads.

> 2- what does the result of "python rest.py" mean?
                                     ^assuming 't' here

That something is wrong :-)

Regards,
Gisle