[Zope-Perl] help with book

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
16 Oct 2000 16:18:00 -0700

Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm putting together a sandbox to do some zope with perl testing.  I got
> the beta 2 of pyperl and zoperl, and they recomment I have my own
> private patches of perl and python.  Do I need the stable or devel
> perl?  Py 1.5.2 or 2.0 beta?  Thanks in advance...

The README.txt file of Zope-2.2.2 states that "Zope requires Python
1.5.2", so that is what I recommend too.  There is one patch that you
need to apply to python-1.5.2 before you build it.

For perl you can currently select between perl-5.6.0 or perl-5.7.0.  I
have been running with perl-5.7.0 recently.  No extra patching
required for this perl.  If you use perl-5.6.0 then you need to apply
the 'perl-method-G_EVAL' and 'perl-vcroak-null' patch before you
build.  You must build perl with the -Dusethreads option.

Regards,
Gisle