[Zope-Perl] more disruption

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:05:16 -0700

Ok, I'm getting close to my goals, got everything running.  Thanks
Gisle.

Follows is a section from the book, I'm wondering if someone can help me
fill in the ???.

Extra special bonus points go to anyone who can solve the Java one too.
;)

-Michel

      Here's a fanciful example that shows you how to remotely script
      a mass firing of janitors using XML-RPC.

      Here's the code in Python::

        import xmlrpclib

        server = xmlrpclib.Server('http://www.zopezoo.org/')
        for employeeID in server.JanitorialDepartment.personnel():
            server.fireEmployee(employee)

      In Perl::

        use Frontier::Client;

        $server = Frontier::Client->new(url => $url);
        ???

      In Java::

        try
        {
            RPCClient rpc = new RPCClient();
            rpc.setServer("betty.userland.com");
            rpc.setPort(80);
            rpc.setProcedureName("JanitorialDepartment.personnel");
            Array employeeIds  = (Array) rpc.executeRPC();
        }
        catch (RPCException ex)
        {
            ex.printStackTrace();