[Zope-Perl] safecall test failed

Stephen Harrison stephen@nipltd.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:07:28 +0100

Gisle Aas wrote:

> Stephen Harrison <stephen@nipltd.com> writes:
>
> > Ok, while I try to get things working on Solaris, I have turned my
> > attention to linux.  Everything now compiles and runs ok, except for the
> > safecall.py test, which fails:

<snip traceback>

> > This is using ActivePerl-5.6.0 and ActivePython-2.0.0
> >
> > I'm guessing that there shouldn't be any problems on linux, at least?
>
> With ActivePython you don't get the python-*-dynload-global patch
> applied.  I think you would have to build your own python to get this
> working.  Using ActivePerl should be ok, as it has all required
> patches pre-applied.  I'll check with our ActivePython guys to see if
> there are ways to sneak this patch into their builds in the future.  I
> actually hope to get the 'pyperl' stuff included in
> ActivePerl/ActivePython so you actually don't have to build anything.

I've now got this working using a patcher version of Python 1.5.2.
Thanks.

> Also note that the Zope-2.2.2 README says that 'Zope requires Python
> 1.5.2'.  Does anybody know what actually fails with Python-2.0?

Don't know.  But I didn't realise zope wouldn't work with Python 2 until
I tried it with ActivePython.

> > Or maybe I'm just doomed to never getting this stuff to install
> > properly...
>
> Hopefully not :-(

Indeed.  And it is now working on linux (bar my other problem - see
other post).  Now if I can just get it to run on Solaris...

Cheers,
Stephen

--
Stephen Harrison            stephen@nipltd.com