[Zope-Perl] Python-Object make install problems

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
07 Aug 2001 10:02:18 -0700

Carl David <david@uconnvm.uconn.edu> writes:

> In "make install" of the Python-Object, I get the error:
> ../lang_lock.h:67: parse error before `last_py_tstate'
> ../lang_lock.h:67: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

This means that you try to build with a non-ithread-enabled perl.  You
enable ithread by passing the -Dusethreads option to 'Configure' when
you build perl.  If you simply use ActivePerl you get this by default
and you don't need to compile yourself.

You should also be able to build with a non-thread enabled perl but
then you need to add something like -DNO_PERL_LOCK to the compiler
invocation line.  This will not give you a pyperl suitable for running
zoperl though.

--Gisle