[Zope-Perl] Script (Perl) question

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:48:48 -0800

Whats $self in Zope Perl, AFAIK it is a binding to the scripts container,
similar to context to Script (Python). Anyway the following works fine in
python:

return context.Control_Panel.objectIds()

The same in Perl would be:

return $self->Control_Panel->objectIds();

but I get a __call__ error. The Zope Book suggests that I have the right
syntax. The problem seems to occur when moving into a sub-object, for
example $self->objectIds(); works just fine. Any ideas anyone?

Using: Zope 2.3b2, Win2k, Python 1.5.2, Perl 620, pyperl & zoperl-1.0-beta3

Cheers.

--
  Andy McKay.