[Zope-Perl] pyperl-1.0.1 solaris - test.py cannot find perl module

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
10 Jul 2001 11:39:59 -0700

William Ladda <wladda@mediaone.net> writes:

> I was trying to build pyperl for the first time.
>
> after installation, running the test.py script says it cannot find the
> perl module.  I searched the filesystem but did not see a perl.py module
> anywhere.

You should end up with a "perl.so" somewhere in sys.path.  The first
step might be to verify that one of the build/lib.* directory contains
it.  When I list it on my Linux box I see:

$ python setup.py build
[...]
$ ls build/*
build/lib.linux-i686-1.5:
dbi.py  dbi2.py  perl.so  perl2.so  perlmod.py  perlpickle.py

build/temp.linux-i686-1.5:
dlhack.o     lang_map.o    perlxsi.o  svrv_object.o  try_perlapi.o
lang_lock.o  perlmodule.o  pyo.o      thrd_ctx.o

Regards,
Gisle