[Zope-Perl] Re: installing pyperl on Mac OSX--anybody have success?

Daniel Lord dano@brightfire.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:51:01 -0700

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 11:32 PM, Gisle Aas wrote:

> Does you perl has thread support?  'perl -V' should say something
> about USE_ITHREADS.

Thanks Gisle, you guessed right:

     ==> usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
usemultiplicity=undef
             useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define
             use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
usesocks=undef

SInce that is Apple's build, looks like I'll have to find out 1) if I
can get the source they used  (maybe from Darwin) and recompile to use
threads or 2) get the generic Perl 1.5.6 source and struggle with all
the OSX idiosyncracies in cc and the libs.

<rant> I wish Apple would fix this, OSX is most non-unix unix I have
ever tried to build unix apps on </rant> I still like it better than
Windows though ;-)