[Zope-Perl] Z DBI and Threads

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
10 Mar 2001 06:52:02 -0800

Ulrich Wisser <u.wisser@publisher.de> writes:

> still I try to use Z DBI and DBD::Adabas (BTW: the personal
> edition of Adabas comes with Star Office for free). There
> seems to be a problem with the threads. The Adabas libs allow
> only one thread (the one that opened the connection) to
> use the connection.

This should not really be a problem as this is exactly what Z DBI
does.  There might be issues where DBI drivers are not thread safe I
guess.

> So Zope opens connections all the time but will never close them.

It should not open connections "all the time".  It should open _one_
connection for each Zope thread.  If you see more connections being
made there is a bug.

> How does Apache::DBI handle this?

I don't know.

Regards,