[Zope-Perl] pyperl patch

James Gregory james at anchor.net.au
Mon Sep 8 16:59:14 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've recently spent some time tinkering with the pyperl code base in
order to get it to build and run on my Mandrake Cooker system running
perl-5.8.1-0.RC4.1mdk and python-2.3-2mdk. The patch probably needs a
bit of work before being rolled into the base line (I was sure that I
just needed to define PERL_CORE and it would all work, but it seemed to
resist my attempts to do this. Fortunately it was only 4 or so #defines
missing, so it's not too bad). One positive result of my patch is that
the dlhack.c file now has some slightly better error reporting (it only
attempts to dlopen files that exist, and uses dlerror in the message
returned to python rather than the generic "perl2.so does not exist").

Enough rambling. The patch is attached. Hopefully someone will find this
helpful.

James.