[Zope-Perl] Installing pyperl

Richard Madden Richard.Madden at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jan 21 12:46:14 EST 2005

Hi,

   I found a way (finally) to get pyperl up and running at least without
threading and other complications.

i) remove the MULTI_PERL file. If I try to build it threaded I get
unresolved symbols like 'perl_lock'. I have no idea where that is
supposed to be defined - maybe in patched source for ActiveState perl or
python.

ii) symbol naming seems to have changed somehow. Eg av_reify has become
Perl_av_reify. To fix this include embed.h into svrv_object.c and
try_perlapi.c. Ie insert

#define PERL_CORE
#include "embed.h"

at the end of the other includes to redefine these symbols.

   I don't know how dangerous this is, but it seems to work.

   Why is this list so quiet? It's like a ghost town.

Dick

--
Dick Madden                         Home: 2708 rue Prospect
Bioinformatics Coordinator                Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1L 2V2