[Zope-Perl] Re: Possible PyPerl Patches?

Tim Hoelscher thoelscher at bna.com
Thu Nov 17 10:29:58 EST 2005

Hi Felix -

Yes, I would very much appreciate anything you have. If I
make any progress getting things built and running I will
gladly share that information with the list. I would be very
pleased to see this in widespread use. Frankly, I am
surprised that interest in PyPerl has dried up at all. It
may be that my situation is more unique than I assumed, or
that others have found better ways of resolving
inter-language dependencies and interoperability.

In any case, thanks or the quick reply. I look forward to
receiving the updated code!

- Tim Hoelscher

|         |           Felix Schwarz    |
|         |           <Felix.Schwarz at we|
|         |           b.de>            |
|         |           zope-perl-bounces|
|         |           @zope.org        |
|         |           11/16/2005 04:04 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       zope-perl at zope.org                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Zope-Perl] Re: Possible PyPerl Patches?                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Tim,

Tim Hoelscher wrote:
> I ran across a post (on another list) from July in which
> Felix (Schwartz) mentions some patches to the PyPerl
distro
> to squash the perl2.so import bug that appears after
> compilation. I haven't been able to find this on
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPerl; this is where I
> downloaded the original source and the latest version is
in
> fact the one I already have. Is there a patched version
> somewhere that I am missing?

I have a (more or less) working version here with some
additional
fixes I didn't published. Gisele Aas mailed me that he does
not have
the time to maintain pyperl actively...

If there is interest in pyperl I could package my fixes so
that it
will be easier to start with. As I'm busy with my masters
thesis,
this would take 2-3 days.

--
Felix